Like many other web sites, our Site may use a standard technology called a "cookie", or technology which is similar to a cookie, to collect and record information about your usage of the Site. Cookies are designed notably to help us recognize you as a previous user of the Site and thus offer you a service tailored and personalised to your profile and improve your user experience when you visit our Site again.
Cookies that we may issue cannot retrieve any other information from your hard drive or pass on a computer virus.
We may issue cookies that allow us to:
- Compile statistics and traffic volume and measure the use of the various sections of our Site (headings and content visited, click streams) which helps us improve the value and usability of our services; to do so, we may use Google Analytics or other third party analytic tools. The information we collect is aggregated and not directly identifiable. We can share such information with developers or other service providers working with us on the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- Customize the presentation of our Site to the display settings of your data terminal (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.) during your visit on our Site, based on your data terminal's hardware, viewing software and video software;
- Customize the advertising content displayed in our advertising space on your data terminal based on previous information that you have provided;
- Implement security measures, such as when you are asked to log in again to contents or a service after a certain period of time;
- Identify which parts of our Site you have been visited or keep track of your preferences, track a path through our web pages;
- Send you marketing communications, ads, offers and other information which may be of interest to you;
In any case, you can decide to allow or block cookies. There are several ways to manage cookies, as described below. However, some difficulties to navigate on our Site might occur.
- You can configure your browser to allow cookies to be stored on your data terminal, to reject them automatically or to reject them from certain issuers. You can also configure your browser so that you are promptly asked to accept or reject cookies before a cookie is saved to your data terminal. Each browser has a different way of managing cookies and cookie settings. The configuration of your browser is described in its help menu which will inform you of how to change your cookie settings.
Finally, you can also connect to www.youronlinechoices.com, a website proposed by digital advertising professionals, in order to help you control, accept or reject some cookies placed in your browser.